Used 641016-B21 ProLiant BL460c G8 10GB/20GB FlexibleLOM Blade Server CTO
HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen8 is a dual-socket server blade, which packs in more performance. With a 33% increase in memory DIMM count, Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor, faster I/O slots and enhanced Smart Array Controller that no W ships With 512MB Flash Back Write Cache (FBWC) standard. In addition, it is also more flexible. The HPE FlexibleLOM provides the ability to customize server networking today and the ability to meet future needs without overhauling server hardware.
Type: ProLiant Server
Model: BL460c G8
Chassis: 641016-B21 ProLiant BL460c G8 10GB/20GB FLB Blade Server CTO
Processor: None Included
Memory: None Included
Controller: None Included
Power Supply: None Included
Hard Drive: None Included
Rails: None Included
CTO means Configure-to-Order these servers come with no CPU, memory, power, HDD, or rails.
Have equipment for sale? We buy used HP hard drives, servers, storage, and networking equipment.
HPE BL460c G8 Server Specifications
E5-2600 v2 Series Processors
- 30MB (1x30MB) L3 cache NOTE: For Twelve-core processors.
- 25MB (1x25MB) L3 cache NOTE: For Six, Eight or Ten-core processors.
- 20MB (1x20MB) L3 cache NOTE: For Eight-core processors.
- 15MB (1x15MB) L3 cache NOTE: For Quad or Six-core processors.
- 10MB (1x10MB) L3 cache NOTE: For Quad-core processors.
- 5MB (1x5MB) Level 3 cache NOTE: For Dual-core processors.
- Intel C600 Series Chipset
- Intel E5-2600 and 2600v2 Processor Families
Upgradeable to two (2) processors
On System Management Chipset
HP iL0 (Firmware: HP iL0 4)
- Advanced ECC
- Memory Online Spare Mode (Rank Spare Mode)
- Lockstep Mode
DDR3 Load Reduced (LRDIMM), Registered (RDIMM), or Unbuffered ECC (UDIMM)
- One (1) HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLB FlexibleLOM, HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB DlexibleLOM, or HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB FlexibleLOM
- One (1) HP Flex-10 10Gb 2-port 530FLB FlexibleLOM
- One (1) HP Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 560FLB FlexibleLOM
Standard iLO Network Controller:
- One (1) 10/100 Mbps port for the HP iLO 4 to Onboard Administrator link. The Onboard Administrator (with 10/100/1000 Mbps) to BladeSystem link is 1Gbps
Two (2) I/O expansion mezzanine slots:
- x16 PCIe 3.0 Type A (supports Type A mezzanine cards) (expansion slot 1).
- x16 PCIe 3.0 Type B (supports Type A and Type B mezzanine cards (expansion slot 2).
Mezzanine card option includes:
- Dual-port 10Gb FlexFabric, 10Gb Flex-10, 10GbE options, and quad-port 1Gb Ethernet server adapter mezzanine options for additional network ports.
- Dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA for SAN connectivity.
- QDR and FDR InfiniBand for low latency and high bandwidth server interconnectivity.
- I/O accelerator mezzanine options for high transaction rate local storage
HP Server ROM:
HP ROM (read only memory) is now digitally signed using HP's Corporate Signing Service. This signature is verified before the flash process starts, reducing accidental programming and preventing malicious efforts to corrupt system ROM.
HP ROM provides for essential initialization and validation of hardware components before control is passed to the customer-installed operating system. The ROM also provides the capability of booting from various fixed media (HDD, CD-ROM) and removable media (USB), to continue operation to the operating system.
HP ROM performs very early configuration of the video controller, to allow monitoring of initialization progress via an attached monitor. If configuration or hardware errors are discovered during this early phase of hardware initialization, suitable messages are now displayed on the connected monitor. Additionally, these configuration or hardware errors are logged to the Integrated Management Log (IML) to assist in diagnosis.
HP's ProLiant ROM is used to configure the following:
- Processor and chipset status registers
- System memory, memory map, and memory initialization
- System hardware configuration (integrated PCI devices and optional PCI-e cards)
- Customer-specific BIOS configuration using the HP ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU)
All BTO Models:
One (1) HP Smart Array P220i Controller with 512MB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC) supporting RAID 0 and RAID 1.
Maximum Internal Storage:
- Hot Plug SFF SAS 4.0TB 2 x 2.0TB
- Hot Plug SFF SATA 4.0TB 2 x 2.0TB
- Hot Plug SFF SAS SSD 3.2TB 2 x 1.6TB
- Hot Plug SFF SATA SSD 3.2TB 2x1.6TB
- Micro SDHC Slot - One (1) internal Micro Secure Digital High Capacity (Micro SDHC) card slot
- USB 2.0 Port - One (1) internal USB 2.0 connector for USB flash media drive keys
Industry Standard Compliance:
- ACPI 2.0
- Microsoft® Logo certifications
- USB 2.0 Support
- IPMI 2.0
- Secure Digital 2.0
- TPM 1.2 Support
- IEEE (specific IEEE standards depending on Ethernet adapter card(s) installed)
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES)
- SSL 2.0
- DMTF Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware Command Line Protocol (SMASH CLP)
- Active Directory v1.0
- PCIe 3.0
Operating Systems and Virtualization Software Support for ProLiant Servers:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
- Canonical Ubuntu Oracle Solaris
- Citrix XenServer
HP offers two different c-Class server blade enclosures to meet your individual needs:
- The HP BladeSystem c7000 rack enclosure is 10U high and holds up to sixteen (16) ProLiant BL460c Gen8 servers plugged vertically.
- The HP BladeSystem c3000 rack enclosure is 6U high and holds up to eight (8) HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 servers plugged horizontally.
- Server blades, storage blades, interconnect modules, power supplies, fans, and redundant Onboard Administrator modules are all designed to fit into the c3000 and c7000 enclosures.
Integrated Matrox G200 video standard
- 1280 x 1024 (32 bpp)
- 1920 x 1200 (16 bpp)
HP iLO 4 On System Management Memory
- 16 MB Flash Video Memory
- 256 MB DDR 3 with ECC (112 MB after ECC and video)
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 is a half-height server blade that plugs into the HP BladeSystem c3000 and c7000 enclosures.