Used MD3060E PowerVault Dense Enclosure Storage Array
The MD3060e dense enclosure makes server expansion affordable. It increases capacity and efficiency behind Dell™ PowerEdge™ server workloads. The versatile mix and match hard drive option supports more capacity than ever, allowing you to save space within your data center, and decrease power and cooling expenses. Administrators can non-disruptively scale to meet application demands and easily manage data through the host server.
The MD3060e is able to lower power and cooling expenses due to its smaller footprint. You can scale capacity without incurring the expense of additional servers or traditional storage. With the modular design of the MD3060e, you can choose the amount of capacity you need now, knowing that you can easily expand later. Plus, the 4U high-density enclosures take up less space than if you purchase the smaller form factor enclosures with the same number of hard drives. The MD3060e dense enclosure holds up to 60 (2.5” or 3.5”) hard drives. And because your storage needs are almost guaranteed to grow, you can add capacity as you need it. The 60-HDD enclosure can expand from 60 to 240 drives¹ when expanding to its full DAS capacity behind a single server. The MD3060e dense enclosure can be used in data centers to maximize storage capacity, without requiring an expansion of the footprint of the data center. It also allows you to hot-swap drives, fans, EMMs, and power supplies as needed.
IGS offers a variety of used and refurbished HP servers and server parts, not sure what you need? Please chat with us now.
Have equipment for sale? We buy used HP hard drives, servers, storage, and networking equipment.
Whether it's for maintenance sparing or customer self-repair, you can rely on high quality, tested and inspected, server replacement parts from Integrity Global Solutions. Our trained technicians take great care when removing Items from servers, and afterward, places each item in Static/ESD packaging. Our shipping team then packages each item to ensure it arrives safely at its destination.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Type: Storage Unit
- Model: MD3060E
- Drives: Max 60
- 3.5" Drive Capacity: NL-SAS 7.2K RPM: 500GB, 1TB3 , 2TB3 , 3TB3 , 4TB3 , 6TB, 8TB, 10TB SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU); 800GB, 1.6TB (RI) (available with 3.5” HDD carriers)
- 2.5" drive capacity: SAS 15K RPM: 146GB3 , 300GB3 , 600GB3 SAS 10K RPM: 146GB, 300GB3 , 600GB3 , 900GB3 , 1.2TB3 NL-SAS 7.2K RPM: 500GB3 , 1TB3 , 2TB SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU); 800GB, 1.6TB (RI) 3.5” 10K and 15K HDDs are not supported on the dense model
- Controller: Dual Enclosure Management Modules (EMMs)
- Server Support: Dell PowerEdge R630, R730 and R730xd servers
- OS Support: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and Debian 7.4
- Form Factor: 4U rack enclosure
- Expansion capabilities : Up to 4 dense enclosures behind a single server
- Form Factor: Half-height
- Maximum Weight: 105.20 kg (232.0 lb)
- Environment Power AC: 1755W
- Voltage: 220V AC, auto ranging